Location: New Haven Connecticut area
Job ID: 1463861
About the Club
Since 1912, this club has provided members with the finest golfing experience on the club's challenging venue and includes a large practice area with separate, full-sized driving/teaching and short game facilities. The Club’s mission is to provide its members and their families with an exceptional golf and dining experience that is inclusive, engaging, and friendly, appreciative of current trends but mindful of tradition. We are looking to expand the dining experience with a new Executive Chef.
The Executive Chef is the dynamic leader of the culinary experience throughout the exclusive property. This is an excellent opportunity for an established professional Executive Chef who can own both a la carte operations, as well as banquet and club functions while being a mentor and guide to the rest of his team. The EC must be willing to train and mentor those who have been in the business for years as well as those who are just now entering the field. The following are just some of the requirements:
- Recruits, hires, trains, supervises, schedules, and evaluates the work of management staff in the food and pastry (Exec Pastry Chef) production departments.
- Plans and develops seasonal menus for all food outlets in the Club and for special occasions and events, allowing for input from subordinate Chef's
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness, and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
- Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
- Safeguards all food-preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation, and accident-prevention principles.
- Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation that help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices.
- Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
- Evaluates food products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained.
- Interacts with applicable food and beverage managers to assure that food production consistently exceeds the expectations of members and guests.
- Plans and manages the employee meal program.
- Evaluates products to assure that quality, price, and related goods are consistently met.
- Develops policies and procedures to enhance and measure quality; continually updates written policies and procedures to reflect state-of-the-art techniques, equipment, and terminology.
- Recruits and makes selection decisions; evaluates job performance of kitchen staff; corrects rewards and disciplines staff in a fair and legal manner.
- Provides training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff.
- Manages all HR functions related to the culinary departing including Technology (HR systems, scheduling programs, online ordering), onboarding, scheduling, hiring, training, corrections, etc.
- Fully understands "the numbers" to ensure a complete grasp of the area, adhering to budgeted numbers yet simultaneously producing world-class food. Fully understand and execute not only the culinary side but the financial elements of the position as well.
- A true culinary artist: Proficient in both modern and “old school” methods, technology, and menu programming. Must be adept at both a la carte and high-volume production at a high-end venue. Willing to push the envelope, test the waters, and not be afraid to fail, yet must adhere to club traditions.
- Modern leadership: The modern leader has technology in his toolbox, embraces change, and doesn’t rule with an iron fist. Berating and yelling have no place in a modern kitchen. Must be willing to teach and train, to work as hard as his team, and to do more for others than they do for themselves. Must “walk the talk” so the team experiences developmental leadership.
- Be club-thinking: Must learn the culture of the club, and not come in with preconceived notions and the inability to adapt, change, and grow. Must learn the club systems and processes and adapt to them, not the other way around.
- Must buy into the team concept, where the end result happens due to collaboration. The Executive Chef does not live on their own island but rather is part of the collective.
- Be a true Executive Chef, one who can lead a la carte services while simultaneously executing large-scale events.
- Embrace a “first one in, last one out” mentality until the staff trusts.
- Ensure and instill consistency and standards. Making sure procedures are put into place which secure the assets and the health of the consumer. Training and building the program so ticket time standards are being met.
- Put in the initial time to understand the program as quickly as possible and get up to speed.
- Attend Manager meetings, gaining a complete understanding of the expectations of the members as well as club standards.
About the search firm running this search:
A Recognized Recruiting Leader in Enterprise Software.
Sourcing top talent is a lot more than just filling seats. It’s about identifying the best and brightest the industry has to offer and matching your needs with their wants in a career change. We leverage the candidate’s talents to enhance your company's long-term success. As a full-service executive search firm for the information technology sector, Woodbridge World Wide knows what it takes to attract and retain top talent in a changing business landscape. When you become our client, we strive to recognize what you are looking for in your hire/s and take the time to learn the process that you would like to follow. Our founder worked in the industry in a sales capacity. He knows what it takes to be successful and what it takes to hit a sales quota. We understand what it’s like to make a career change and can relate our own life experiences to the candidate and client alike. Woodbridge World Wide provides retained, contingency, and priority search services for all client-facing positions in the IT niche. As our client, you can expect consistently superior service delivered with the core value of our company: Partnership!
Recruitment, Recruitment in SaaS technology, Retail, MarTech, Marketing Technology, Retail Technology, Enterprise Software, Manufacturing, and more.