Location: White Plains / New Paltz, New York
Job ID: 1448562
Our client is one of the largest retail, wholesale, and commercial distributors of traditional heating fuels (heating oil, propane, and other petroleum products) in the northeastern United States. Additionally, the Company has expanded into servicing and supporting the conversion of its customer base to greener heating solutions, including installing various forms of electric heat pumps. The Company strives to be the local energy solution company for each community it serves, committed to providing a full range of energy services and a team of experts.
The Controller will support the CFO in managing the financial operations of our organization. The primary responsibility for this role will be to manage the day-to-day accounting for a new, high-growth business unit (Rycor) focused on transitioning existing customers to greener energy solutions. In addition, the Controller will support the traditional business lines and ensure conformance to established GAAP accounting practices across the organization. The day-to-day operations of this unit will involve accounting for; accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory, and fixed assets; additionally, there will be several special projects that will initially be tasked to this candidate.
· Provide financial and accounting support to the Rycor business unit and local facility general management.
· Assist in managing the accounting group responsible for inventory management, general accounting, and financial reporting. Ensure that staff members are properly trained and supervised to perform all required functions under the direction of the Controller.
· Assist in preparing accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
· Develop and maintain controls regarding revenues, expenses, cash flows, and capital expenditures; assist in creating the annual operating budget and drive the process throughout the field.
· Oversee physical inventories, including correct counting and recording procedures, costing, and reconciliation of material differences.
· Ensure proper documentation of processes and required record-keeping while constantly focusing on process optimization and using technology to lessen redundant workflows.
· Assist with outside audits and third-party information requests.
· Directs development, preparation, distribution, review, analysis, and consolidation of all operating budgets and assists in financial reporting as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Expert working knowledge of accounting systems, budgets, internal controls, business planning, and forecasting, as well as asset management.
· Build collaborative partnerships with multiple departments in the organization. Ability to communicate to all levels of the organization and influence decisions through presenting compelling messages.
· Demonstrated sound / disciplined financial practices while building strong relationships and maintaining the ability to influence senior-level leaders’ decisions.
· Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills. Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to interact with high credibility at all levels of the organization and build relationships at all levels, including Executive Management.
· Demonstrated a history of success in an unstructured environment and taking the initiative to address business needs. Able to manage multiple high priorities and complete responsibilities within expected deadlines.
· High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related discipline is required.
· Master of Business Administration, Accounting, or Certified Public Accountant qualifications is preferred.
· Minimum of 10+ years’ experience of progressive career growth in accounting, including five (5) providing financial support to an operations group and three (3) years in a management role.
· Proficiency in managing a professional staff.
· Demonstrated ability to manage large quantities of financial data.
· Excellent computer skills: specifically, MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint (experience with Great Plains is highly preferred).
· Strong written and oral presentation skills.
About the search firm running this search:
A Recognized Recruiting Leader in Enterprise Software.
Sourcing top talent is a lot more than just filling seats. It’s about identifying the best and brightest the industry offers and matching your needs with their wants in a career change. We leverage the candidate’s talents to enhance your company's long-term success. As a full-service executive search firm for the information technology sector, Woodbridge World Wide knows what it takes to attract and retain top talent in a changing business landscape. When you become our client, we strive to recognize what you are looking for in your hire/s and take the time to learn the process that you would like to follow. Our founder worked in the industry in a sales capacity. He knows what it takes to be successful and what it takes to hit a sales quota. We understand what it’s like to make a career change and can relate our own life experiences to the candidate and client alike. Woodbridge World Wide provides retained, contingency, and priority search services for all client-facing positions in the IT niche. As our client, you can expect consistently superior service delivered with the core value of our company: Partnership!
Recruitment, Recruitment in SaaS technology, Retail, MarTech, Marketing Technology, Retail Technology, Enterprise Software, Manufacturing, and more.
Get personalized help and banking advice from Charter Oak Federal Credit Union. Our team provides a wide range of support services to clients in CT, RI, and MA. Call us at (240) 284-8247 for more information.